Howdy! I was flying last week, and for the first time i sat facing a flight attendant. You don’t actually sit face to face with anybody in a flight, because, you know all the seat rows are facing in only one direction. But attendants sit in the opposite direction. That is a pain. I watched them make hilarious expressions, they reminded me of a stand up comedy by Russell Peters. You should watch it, it’s a nice start to your Friday.
Are you ready for another SQL Roundup? Not quite, i know. But here it is anyway.
- Some great view points were shared for this month’s T-SQL Tuesday. Should you be one Jack of All Trades, or Master of None? I’m not linking to the original post, I don’t want my blog to show up as a ping back there – it’s against the spirit. But follow the below link for some healthy advice. (http://sqlblog.com/blogs/argenis_fernandez/archive/2012/03/05/t-sql-tuesday-028-jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none.aspx)
- While we are taking advice from experts, also read this interview of Andy Leonard. Andy is full of inspiration, as always. He is, actually, one of the persons who helped me get started with this blog. I’m grateful to have received his help directly. (http://tinyurl.com/6n76a4o)
- Let’s talk BI. You know Vertipaq, right? The term used to define the in memory engine for SSAS Tabular and PowerPivot. Well, don’t worry about it anymore. It get’s rebranded to xVelocity.
- Sure! Even small things teach great things. Fun With Aggregates. Paul White.
- Here are a few useful videos covering SQL Server 2012 on Channel 9.
Have a good Weekend!